Sunday, January 30, 2011

Unpacking.

So, right now I'm doing what I seem to do best at Auburn: avoiding the dreaded unpacking. I don't know what it is about unpacking,  I just don't like it. I can never get motivated to do it, so my stuff usually just sits in my room until the next time I go home. 


Anyways, the thought of moving from place to place made me start think about our Heavenly home that we as believers have to look forward to. How strange is it that we, and personally I, are so satisfied here on earth? I know that I move from Auburn to Hoover constantly, and I refer to both places as "home." But these places aren't really my home... yes, they are where I live while I am here on earth and I love them, but they aren't really my home. They're like long-term hotels that I am staying at until I truly get to go home to Heaven. 


Peter even tells us in 1 Peter 2:11 that we are to live as aliens and strangers in the world, because that's what we are. In Phillipians 3:20, Paul says that our citizenship is in Heaven. We are truly aliens in this world. We were made to live with God, but He made us this beautiful earth to temporarily live in and sends us on a sort of "mission trip" here to spread His good news all around the world for the short time we are here. 


So while I sit here in my dorm thinking about the next time I'll have to pack up and go to my other "home," I have to keep in mind that my true home is waiting for me. And though I think I am satisfied here on earth, how much more satisfied will I be when I finally get to go back to where I came from!

No comments:

Post a Comment