Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Slow down...

Blogging. What a college trend.

Well, I'm sitting in my room listening to Christmas music (Yes, it is 72 days until Christmas. Thanks for asking.). I just finished hanging Christmas lights over my bed. Needless to say, I'm pumped about Christmas. Who wouldn't be?

However, the simple fact that I just said that shows a major bad habit I have: wishing life away. I always find myself longing for the next big event in my life. Whether it be wishing for a test to be over, wishing for next semester, or wishing for graduation, it all hurts me in the long run. Problem #1: We ARE NOT promised tomorrow. James 14:4 tells us "Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes." Problem #2: Wishing life away allows us to worry about things we can't control. Matthew 6:34 tells us, "Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." Why should we worry about what's going to happen in our lives when we have God on our side, who has already worked everything out for our benefit? 

So anyways, lets talk about college. Well, I guess I'M going to talk about it, since you can't talk in my blog. Sorry, readers. Okay, so college. What can I say, college is hard. Not only do you have to meet a bunch of new people and create all new friendships, but you have to deal with the actual school part. So far, that part has sucked. I don't even want to keep talking about that. But on a positive note, I have met a lot of new people! It's so weird how the connections come up... like how some people know people that you know, or their parents and your parents went to the same church way back when.... it's just really cool how the Lord brings people together and introduces new relationships into our lives. I can't wait to see how the He is going to use the friendships to mature me into the woman He wants me to be.


And now, since it is 12:30 AM and I have an 8:00 class in the morning, I think I'll wrap this up. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment